This page contains several calculators to help you figure out calorie consumption, BMI and even what your ideal weight should be.
Note: These calculators are just to be used as general guidelines. Speak with your health care provider for your specific nutrition & fitness needs.
Calories Burned while Running/Walking
Note: these calculations are based on averages. Athletes may require a higher caloric intake to maintain their current weight.
Exercise to Calorie Converter
Use this form to calculate an estimate of how many calories a particular activity will burn.
Note: Figures are based on moderate (as opposed to vigorous) activity. A heavier person burns more calories, so the same amount of physical activity can actually burn the same number of calories but more quickly. But remember, exercising harder and faster only increases the calories expended slightly. To burn more calories it is better to exercise for a longer time. Determining how many calories you burn is not an exact science. This number should only be used as an estimate of calorie expenditure.
Body Fat Calculator
The Navy uses this formula.
- Height: taken without shoes
- Neck: taken below the larynx sloping slightly downward at the front
- Waist: for men at navel height, for women at the smallest point
- Hips: (women only) at the largest point
- Height: be sure to input total height in inches only (ex: for a height of 5 feet you would input 60)